Things to Know
Our Personal Concierge Services
Upon arrival our friendly staff will provide you with a check in package containing brochures which offer discounts for dining, bike, moped and electric car rentals, shopping, fishing and attractions.
We operate in accordance with Chapter 509, Florida Statutes.
The following minimum stay requirements apply.
- 2 day minimum stay requirements on the weekends
- 5 night minimum requirement during holidays and special events
- 7 night minimum requirement during Mini Lobster Season, Open Lobster Season, Fantasy Fest, and New Years Eve
Our standard rates are subject to change without notice Standard rates and do not include 12.5% tax
Each booking is charged $25 booking fee plus 12.5% sales tax
Each booking has an Opt In damage waiver fee of $34. The damage waiver covers up $1,500.00 in damage to the property. We handle all claims internally and we automatically submit claims on behalf of the guest. There is no need to contact the guest during this process if the damages are less than $1,500.00. If you Opt Out you have to pay at time of booking a $1,000 security deposit which is refunded 2 weeks after your departure.
Pelican Landing cleaning fees are as follows:
- 3 and 4 bedroom Penthouses cleaning fee is $200 per stay, regardless of how many nights your stay is.
- 2 bedroom Retreats for 3 nights or more cleaning fee is $100. Less than 3 night stay cleaning fee does not apply.
Optional Travel Insurance
We offer optional travel insurance; the cost of this coverage is 7.65% of the Total Rent plus tax. For questions about travel insurance coverage please call CSA Protection at 866.999.4018 reference plan 330CSA/KEYWESTV.
WE ACCEPT ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS AS WELL AS eCHECK or regular check from your checking account. Regular checks can only be accepted if your stay is more than 30 days out.
AS OF JULY 1, 2014 WE NO LONGER ACCEPT NON US BANK CREDIT CARDS
The Total Rental = Rent, cleaning fee, booking fee, tax, damage waiver fee, and if elected, optional travel insurance.
For bookings 30 days or more prior to arrival
1st payment (required at booking) = 50% of the Total Rental
2nd payment (required 30 days prior to arrival) = 50% of the Total Rental
For bookings 29 days or less prior to arrival
100% of the Total Rental (required at booking)
Unless you have purchased travel insurance the following will apply:
For bookings cancelled 60 days or more prior to arrival
Full refund less booking fee plus 20% of 1st payment (for example if your first payment $1,028.13 then $1,028.13 minus $28.13 (booking fee) minus $200 (20% of 1st payment) so you refund would be $800 and you would forfeit $228.13)
For bookings 59 days or less prior to arrival
Check - In/Check - Out Procedures:
No Late check-outs are available .
Early Check ins are not guaranteed and are only possible if the unit is ready. To find out if your unit is available for early check in please call the front desk day of your arrival.
Check In: Is at 4pm.
Check Out: Is at 10am.
Please check in at our onsite office between the hours of 9am to 5pm 7 days a week.
After Hours Check-in information:
When the office is closed, there is a lockbox located to the left of the lobby door. The combination is on the first page of your contract. There will be an envelope with your name on it containing your room key. Please come down to the lobby the next morning to register your car, boat and guests. You will also be given extra keys if necessary.
Directions to our office:
From US 1:
Traveling southbound on US 1 enter into Key West by making a right turn onto North Roosevelt Boulevard. Follow North Roosevelt to Eisenhower Drive (approx. 5th traffic light) and make a right. We are located immediately on the right. Our office is located in downstairs on the right.
From Key West Airport:
Exit airport and turn right onto South Roosevelt Boulevard. Continue for approximately one mile until you come to the end of the road. Your only option is to take a right onto Bertha Street. Go straight and road ends on Flagler Ave. Then jog to the Left onto First Street and go straight until you reach the traffic light at North Roosevelt Blvd. Turn left. Go to next light and turn right onto Eisenhower Drive. We are located immediately on the right. Our office is located in downstairs on the right.
NO TRAILERS ARE ALLOWED ON PELICAN LANDING PROPERTY. Please make arrangement across the bight at the City of Key West Boat ramp to park your trailers 305-809-3981.
Each retreat or penthouse comes with ONLY 1 BOAT SLIP FOR ONLY 1 WATER VEHICLE NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are bringing more than one boat or water vehicle you must make arrangements across the bight at the City of Key West for another boat slip. Call 305-809-3981 for rates.
Should a guest’s behavior necessitate eviction it will result in forfeiture of all monies prepaid. Included but not limited to having glass by the pool, being in the pool or pool area after 10pm, loud noise, guest exceeding maximum occupancy, smoking in the unit, having unauthorized pets, having unauthorized boat or water vehicle, parking trailers on property, etc.
What to bring
The owner and their individual taste outfit each unit.
- The units have minimal kitchen essentials, bed linens, pool towels and bath towels.
- We also provide an initial supply of bath soap, dish washing liquid, toilet paper, laundry detergent and paper towels. Additional supplies are responsibility of the renter.
- We recommend you bring your own blow dryer.
- All of our units offer washer/dryers
- Age: Everyone must present ID at check in. Student groups are not permitted nor occupants under the age of 25 unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. NO EXCEPTIONS. We have a zero tolerance policy. We are not a party environment and are geared towards fisherman, boaters, divers, families and older couples.
- Pets: Will not be allowed unless previously negotiated on the executed contract. The pet must meet our pet restrictions in regard to weight. Only 1 pet is allowed per unit. The pet fee is $35 plus sales tax per night or $281.25 maximum charge.
- Keys: The following charges will be assessed if necessry: Key delivery or lockout $25. Lost keys or keys not returned $25 each.
- Mail: If it is necessary to receive mail during your stay, please have it sent to 915 Eisenhower Drive, Key West FL 33040.. Mail can be picked up between the hours of 9am to 5pm 7 days a week.
- Lost & Found: We are not responsible for articles left behind. Items will be returned to guest at their own expense.
- Towel Exchange: Is free and must be requested prior to 12pm for same day service.
- Pool: No one is allowed in the pool or pool area after 10pm. No glass is permitted in the pool or pool area.
- Smoking: Smoking is not permitted inside our units this includes and not limited to smoking on balcony with sliding glass door open.
- Returned Check: A fee will be assessed of $35 for returned checks.
Hurricane Policy & Procedures
Hurricane season in Florida begins June 1 and ends November 30. If you be joining us during hurricane season. Please take a moment to review the following information for procedures regarding mandatory evacuation:
- We will notify guests of mandatory non-resident evacuation
- Guests evacuating must return keys for property to Key West Vacation Properties & Realty, LLC office for the evacuation period
- Guests are expected to stay informed of evacuation status. This information is available on local television and radio stations, or at www.monroecounty-fl.gov.
- When the evacuation order has been lifted, the guests are expected to contact their property manager to arrange for their return to the property.
In the event of a mandatory evacuation for a hurricane, guests may elect to stay at a safe, temporary location. Key West Vacation Properties & Realty will refund for the time period of the evacuation with the following conditions:
- Keys for the property must be returned to office and documented
- Key West Vacation Properties & Realty does not provide or pay for accommodations out of evacuation zone.
- When the evacuation order is lifted and if the property is not damaged by the storm, the guest is expected to return to the property.
If guest elects to cancel the remainder of vacation and return home, Key West Vacation Properties & Realty will not refund any unused nights beyond evacuation period, unless the property was damaged and deemed unsafe.